May 23, 2007

Quite the Weekend

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...
Hey, I'm tired, blatent ripoffs should be excused!

Ok, let's do the worst first: Friday night, we packed the car and got all ready to leave early Saturday a.m. We get to bed about 1 a.m.; nerves keep me awake until at least 2 and probably closer to 2:30. No big deal; I'll sleep tomorrow.

Well, no sleep in the car, no big deal. I'll sleep tonight.

Katie didn't sleep. Ok, not quite true. She slept for my parents while we were out with my sister and brother-in-law. She woke up when we got home and screamed or fussed for the entire rest of the night. If we were home, we would have let her scream and fuss after a bit BUT, of course, we were not home and there were other people to consider (though, frankly, given my mother's habit of crashing and banging around in the early a.m. and waking everyone up at ungodly hours, I don't know why we bothered!). So, we didn't sleep. At all. I finally gave up at 7:30 a.m. and got up to let John get a couple hours since he had to drive. I called in sick to work Sunday night. I just couldn't do it.

Ok, that's the worst of times...

The show? Went *ex-treme-ly* well!! Sold a ton of stuff and, what was most gratifying to me, even beyond the profit, was that people bought multiple items so I know they really liked my stuff and weren't just buying out of obligation. I have since heard that my sister's friends are asking when she's going to have another one!! WOOHOO!!!!!! If I can keep up doing shows at that magnitude, I will meet my goal of turning a profit within two years. Praise the Lord and pass the jewelery pliers.

Now I gear up for the Manchester Art Association show a week from Sunday. :) Feeling much better about this whole thing? I am indeed!

Thanks for asking, SmileyMamaT!

7 comments:

Brightdreamer said...

Too cool about the spectacular sales! Rock on! (It's just as well Katie was fussy and killed the weekend, to balance out the Luck Meter - otherwise you'd be looking over your shoulder for the Dread Demon Reality to kick you for your success. Or is that just me? ;-) )

Greta Adams said...

awesome...i have been wondering how it went.....

LJ said...

You did it! How wonderful that it went so well! Curious as to how your sister did with her bags?
Ohh that little Katiebug! Put her in the closet for a the day*, she won't bother anyone. ;)





*I'm so kidding!! I say that to everyone!

smileymamaT said...

Yay! Glad to hear it! Big smile!!
:) :) :) T

Jade said...

It's too bad Katie didn't travel so good, but the news about the sale is great! Congrats! I hope the positive direction continues for the big show!

Robin said...

Sorry I was so out of the loop. I'll have to post about my week but for sure I have waited to hear how the sales went. Woo Hoo!! You Go Gurl!!

Gina said...

Profit!? You GO, girl!!!