Jun 23, 2007

So I'm Listening to My iTunes...

and I'm actually listening to a couple of new songs (new to me, not new new) that I downloaded the other day. And you know, sometimes, you just happen on lyrics that make you laugh because you could've written them? Well, a couple of The Bacon Brothers' (yes, Kevin Bacon and his brother) tunes hit me like that...

From a song called T.M.I.
"I could've made it through this day
feeling perfectly ok
having never heard a single word
of what you just chose to say."

From Not Born to Beauty
"less like Kirk, more like Spock
not born to beauty, born to rock..."

Ok, first off, it's just wicked cool to come across a ST:TOS reference in a non-parody song on iTunes. Secondly, I was at a graduation party today where the grandmother of the graduate interrogated me about the graduate's mother's love life. Ok, yes, I know more about the mom's love life than the grandmother does but, no, I don't think I need to share this and, frankly, "I could've made it through this day feeling perfectly ok, having never heard a single word of what [she] just chose to say..."

Just thought it was cool. Check out the songs on iTunes if you get a chance. Also check out a group called Immaculate Machine, if you have the time!

1 comment:

Jade said...

I'll need to check this out when I have a chance... I haven't gotten around to listening to new music for a long time.