Jul 22, 2009

The Only Good Thing About Morning

is that it means you survived the night before.

My 3-going-on-4-going-on-14 year old starts talking the minute she wakes up and keeps talking until she goes to sleep. Sometimes she even talks in her sleep. "Mommy," she pleads when asked to 'please dear God be quiet', "but I have to talk."

I need earplugs for the morning until I can have coffee again!!

In the meantime, in case anyone can answer this, I'd appreciate it..."who was the queen for baby Jesus?" Also, in case you're curious, she advised me that she straightened the pepper so it wasn't tipping (FYI, it wasn't tipping in the first place) and "what sound does pep make?"... and the list goes on... and on... and on...

"Mommy, I have something to tell you - why is the fan not on? Mom, I'm hot!!!" And, by the way, her "shoes are locked." No, I have no idea what that means either.

Definitely earplugs. Except then I couldn't hear if the baby needed me. Crap.

3 comments:

LauraJ said...

She reminds me a lot of myself at that age (and now too)...always questioning everything. Always. :)

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Ack! Don't tell me you're a morning person too, LJ!!

smileymamaT said...

Oh, crack me up. :) Her shoes are locked. Ha! I have no good advice - I barely got through those child + toddler + baby all in one house years myself... The only thing I can say is make sure you get nap time / studio time even if you have to tie the hubs to a chair and make him watch the kids for a while. :) Extreme? Meh, I think not.