Mar 20, 2007

Gratitude Abounds / Thankful Tuesday

And let me share it.

First, a very large thank you for the support when I was having a rough go of it last week. Since the miscarriage, the emotional aspect of my PMS has been much more strident. I feel almost like I did when I was on Clomid. Lord knows what will happen if I go back on it! To know such bright, sensitive women "got my back" is enormously comforting.

Secondly, a particularly thank you to the wonderfully caring and very talented Graymama. I was having a frustrating time when the mail arrived and, what's this?, a package? I don't have anything on order... what *is* it?? It was a box full of terrificness (it is too a word, sort of) -- everything from chocolate soap and lipbalm to amazing hand-knitted dishcloths (and I'm sorry, Graymama, they are waaaay too pretty to wash the dishes with!!) to a book on pregnancy after loss to DVDs for Katie to ... the list goes on and on. I should have taken pictures but I didn't (sorry!!). Everything was so delightfully wrapped in gaily colored fabric. It was a pick-me-up I desperately needed and all the more effective for being unexpected. It was a joy from start to finish.

You said it was part of a pay-it-forward project, Graymama; you've got a lot of good karma coming your way from this, that's for sure.

I am so grateful for everyone who stops by here and posts and worries if I haven't posted and comforts and cajoles and sometimes gives me a kick in the ass. You guys are the greatest.

4 comments:

Greta Adams said...

I miscarried once too and to this day i still think about it....time heals everything all though we never forget

good luck to you and my prayers are with you...

graymama said...

{{{{Hooray Hugs}}}}

Love you <3

smileymamaT said...

Terrificness is a word. So is wonderbul, as my little friend Aaron says, which describes Graymama's thoughtfulness. What a nice thing, to send that package of lift-you-ups. (lifteruppers, there's another good word)...I am glad to see you posting.
T

Gina said...

Terificness is indeed a word! The fact that Graymama started this thread has prompted me to send out more mystery packets than I ever dreamed of... I know that you have the best support net out there!