Mar 26, 2007

Homemaking Meme

I'll play, SmileyMamaT!

Aprons: Y/N? Yes - although I can never find the perfect apron. I like full ones and they have to cover my considerable behind as I tend to wipe my hands on it
Baking-favorite thing to bake? Stollen (a German Christmas bread)
Clothesline? I don't have one but I want one - there's few things nicer than sheets dried in the sun.
Donuts, ever made them? That's why God made Dunkin Donuts.
Everyday-one homemaking thing you do everyday? Can't think of something I do every single day, though I can think of plenty of things I *ought* to do every single day.
Freezer- do you have a separate deep freezer? No, we have a second refrigerator but I'd prefer a deep freezer.
Garbage disposal? Yes - a new one even as the old one died a year ago!
Handbook - favorite homemaking resource? Um... nope.
Ironing, love it/hate it? Am very bad at it.
Junk drawer, where is it? Under the microwave
Kitchen-design and decorating? Finished finally. Only took a year and a half. Boggles my mind that that was almost 7 years ago now. Still seems like my "new" kitchen!
Love-what is your favorite part of homemaking? Decorating
Mop, Y/N? Before company comes, yeah, or if it scares me to go barefoot.
Nylons? Come on now, what on earth do nylons have to do with homemaking??
Oven-use the window or open it to check? Our oven doesn't have a window so I have to open it up.
Pizza-what do you put on yours? Whatever John wants.
Quiet-what do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment? Breathe in and out and by then it's over.
Recipe card/box? A Binder with lots of bits of paper crammed into the front cover to get put in it eventually. Also a box with my grandmother's recipes.
Style of house? 1915 craftsman-style
Tablecloths and napkins? Every day
Under the kitchen sink. lots of different cleaning products from wet swiffer pads to furniture polish to dishwasher detergent to 409 to (the list goes on and on)
Vaccuum, how many times a week? Once unless the furniture gets a shot in the middle because company's coming and the cat's been shedding.
Wash- how many loads per week? 2-3 (John does his own; I do Katie's and mine.)
Yard- John mows; I plant flowers and bushes and stuff
zzz's - what is your last homemaking routine for the day? Dropping my teacup in the sink.

4 comments:

Jade said...

:) Memes are always fun so I'm playing too!

Cazzie!!! said...

Got that german bread recipe? I'd love to try it if you would share it :)

smileymamaT said...

Aaalllright! You did it! That was fun to read, I had to laugh at the Apron comment!! (and at the fine visual, thanks, of me leaping through the air to my stretched-out pantyhose! I nearly fell off my chair laughing!)
T

Anonymous said...

OKay....I do 2 loads a day except on friday and sat when it is 4-5...With 4 kids, i figure if you loaned me John, I could have Sunday AND tuesdays off!!!DAMN are you lucky and thanks for not tagging me!