Apr 10, 2007

A Mini-Dose Because It's Late

How could I have forgotten to share this when I was talking about road trips, I surely don't know, but I need to share it now. I don't even know what made me think of it but anyway. So, as I mentioned, we ate from point a to point b and, when not eating, we chewed sugarless gum. Well, let it be a lesson unto all of you not to fall asleep with gum in your mouth lest it get stuck in your belly button.

What's that you say? "I have an outie, so I'll be fine..."? Oh, noooooooooo....

My sister, proud possessor of an outie, fell asleep with chewing gum (Trident for anyone who cares) in her mouth. Said chewing gum somehow made its way into her bellybutton where it proceeded to get very, very stuck. To this day, I cannot figure how it could have gotten there without having gotten stuck in her hair, her shirt, or whatever. She stridently claims (claims, mind you) that she did not stick it in there for safekeeping.

Just in case you're still thinking you might try this because it's so improbable as to be nigh on impossible and wouldn't happen to you. Trust me on this one. You don't want to try to get chewing gum out of a belly button - innie or outie. You don't. Honest to God, it's not worth the risk. (Although, if anyone cares to try it and wants to post pictures, please send the link!)

Oh, and a brief update... I may, next summer ('08), get to SEE RUBY FALLS and, thank you MJD for the reminder!, SEE ROCK CITY as well! Woohoo!

5 comments:

Jade said...

proof that you can google anything:

http://thumb12.webshots.net/t/52/152/5/35/22/425653522QKvwIw_th.jpg

A stick of gum in a belly button.

Greta Adams said...

LMAO...girl i can just see that....that has me cracking up over here and pathetically wanting to try it!!! NOW that IS sad!!

LJ said...

You've been nominated for a Thinking Blogger Award!

Gina said...

I have seen my kids blow bubbles so bag that they got stuck in their hair and had to be cut out... My sister went to sleep with a wad of bazooka in her mouth ( she was convinced that my sister Judy and I wanted to steal it) and it ended up under her arm and that is when we discovered she had hair under her arm!

smileymamaT said...

Wow, in the belly button...that does sound improbable... although I recall being 8 and falling asleep in my grandmother's silky bedsheets, in my silky pink nightgown, wih a big ol' wad of Grape Hubba Bubba...the last thing I remember she was saying "don't fall asleep with that gum in your mouth"...well, let's just say it ended badly!