May 14, 2007

Wicked Nervous

So. Saturday is fast approaching. I have my first jewelry home party/exhibit on Saturday. I get to put my artistic vision out there to be loved and admired and purchased... or ignored.

It's a home party, you say; everybody that goes to those knows they're expected to buy something. True enough. So I was looking forward to it. It's at my sister's; she's a born saleswoman with a lot of friends.

(There's a "but" coming, can you tell?)

BUT she's now selling Bijou handbags and plans to sell those at the party as well. Poof, my sales go up in smoke. Or patent leather. Whichever.

Eh, don't mind me. I'm just wicked nervous.

And neurotic.

That too.

9 comments:

Brightdreamer said...

That's a bit of a backhand... still, it's not like you're in direct competition as far as products go. Silver goes with anything, even patent leather. Just push the "accessorize" angle - if nothing else, an empty bag looks so lonely... ;) (Will she at least let you stick a business card in those fancy handbags? Throw in a token "home sale" discount code if you can, maybe - an online sale after the fact is still a sale.)

Jade said...

I don't think you have to worry, you have plenty of things at a great price point. It's not like you have competition with 20 other vendors. Don't worry, try to have fun with it!

LJ said...

You'll do great! (still the nerve of your sister, harumph) sisters do that. Good luck! I can't wait to hear how you did!

Anonymous said...

Your stuff is beautiful. I'm sure it will go well!

Gina said...

Thanks so much for stopping by...Funny you should stop by as soon as I was on the phone with my sisters. There is confort in knowing that you are not alone. Thanks for reaching out to me in my time of grief and pain...It means a lot to me!

smileymamaT said...

Ah, wicked nervous! Haven't heard that in a while! (ps...Thank you so much!!! the you-know-whats are in the mail!!) :)
Ya know, there are people who love leather, and there are people who love and value handmade beautiful sparkling jewelry, and those are not neccessarily the same people....your beautiful jewely will shine. I should know, I must visit your site like 3 times a week to see what's new! :)
.....just breathe in and out....... it'll be great!
T

Gina said...

Only 2 more days till SaTURdAy?!
AAARGH!!!
Just kidding, you will do so well, you will send for all of your faithful readers to attend your coutour show!

Greta Adams said...

good luck you'll sell lots girl

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Thanks so much everybody! I'll let you know how it goes!!

As an update: she's decided not to sell purses at this event; she'll have a separate one. (Great idea though, DL!!)