May 6, 2007

Not Dead, Honest (*edited to fix link - thanks SMT!!*)

Although I am dead tired... ;) and this will be short and somewhat rambling... (We have a newspaper sports columnist here who does this sort of thing occasionally and called it "half-baked Jake" - his name is Jeff Jacobs. No, I'm not sure where I thought I was going with that either.

Well, I have duly completed my 4th decade. We celebrated like mad on the 21st with our friends and more sedately with family on the 28th - let's stretch the fun out!! Unfortunately, all the cake has now been eaten and I'm suffering from chocolate cake withdrawal - cake, damn it, I need more cake!!

I've also entered into (as of Thursday) my 2nd decade of marriage. Yep, we made it 10 years. Hard to believe but there you have it!

The jewelry website (http://www.silveryeverafter.com) was recently updated (i.e., I spent my whole frellin' week futzing with thing and, despite a breakdown where all my pictures went bye-bye the other night (thank you VERY much, Jade, for helping me with that!!!!), it's finally up to date. I really ought to split the index pages for each type into more than one page, they're getting overly long but, nope, not now. It will have to wait for the next time around.

I have my first home exhibit for the jewelry in 2 weeks and I'm frantically trying to get ready for that.

I'd really like to get back to my poetry book but, at this point, it just ain't happenin'. It will. Eventually.

Still no luck on the reproductive front. If not this cycle, we go see the doctor to talk about options. Not sure what those options are, given our insurance (which covers diddly-squat) and our unwillingness to do follicle studies, but, hey, I'm game to listen. Probably Clomid. Just what I need ... more raging hormones! Ever since the miscarriage, the emotional aspect of my PMS has been absolutely out-of-control. It's weird. It's like the time they switched my birth control pills from the mini-pill to the not-quite-full-but-not-quite-mini version. Tears at the drop of a hat and c-r-a-n-k-y.

The Katester is turning into quite the todder... no. no. no. no. I think she says that word more to me than I do to her maybe. Suffice it to say, it's probably the most frequently spoken word in our household, exceeding even "potty".

I'm not getting any skinnier thanks to a world-class case of stress-eating BUT I noticed today that a whole day's worth of gardening (all breaking new beds) wasn't 1/2 as tiring as it was last year. So it seems those weights are helping after all.

And, on the last note before I stop boring you all, I found fuschias at the grocery two weeks ago and bought two. I love fuschias and I don't typically find them around here. Well, I didn't know what color they would be but I noticed today that the first blooms have opened and they're the lovely fuschia color on the outside and royal purple on the inside - so pretty! I'll post a pic when I do the next upload.

7 comments:

LJ said...

So glad to hear you're not dead! That's a relief! :-P Lots of wonderful things are happening. Happy Belated birthday! Happy belated Anniversary! Good things all around.
Sending happy healthy uterus vibes. (I know that sounds a bit weird, but then again it's me and I'm quite weird!)
:D
Big hugs~
ps-I did get the beautiful neclace in the mail a week ago or so. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!! I haven't worn it yet, I'm saving it for a special occasion. Oh I know! Mother's day! :D I think Aaron will take me out to eat at a restaurant next Sunday.

Jade said...

:) Glad to help... Dreamweaver takes a little getting used to.

Fuschias are lovely... we have some around the yard but they haven't come back from their winter nap yet :(

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, happy anniversary and happy everything else. I love fuschia too. One of my favorite memories of my bike trip through Ireland before DJ's wedding was of the humongous fuschia hedges that lined a lot of the roads. I didn't know they could get that big!

Greta Adams said...

Man you have a lot of happy's going on ....Happy everything and good luck with your appt.

smileymamaT said...

Well shoot. Happy birthday! I did notice that change on your profile...you sounds so busy (half-baked Jake, I like that)..and um..where was I going with that? Oh yah, pretty flowers! I just planted a little rosebush today. First time ever. Now I shall hover over it for about a month and worry I've done something wrong. I'd love to see those pics when (if) you get the time! Now I'm off to go see your pretty jewelry!

smileymamaT said...

hey girl, your link doesn't link to your site! Try again maybe?

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Thanks for the alert, SmileyMamaT! Turns out that http:// was essential - who knew?! Good luck with the rosebush! I do ok with plants in the ground - God waters them so it doesn't matter as much if I forget. Plants in pots? The poor things...

LauraJ - thank you from the bottom of your heart? hee hee!!! (get it??)

I didn't know you could plant fuschias in the ground, Jade & Harriet. Ok, I just realized how utterly stupid that sounds. But hedges?? Wow. It's just that I've never seen them in anything but a hanging basket...

Hi Greta and thank you very much. Rest assured, I will undoubtedly complain a lot about fertility stuff here! ;)