May 12, 2009

Tomorrow

Tomorrow, tomorrow, we'll start the day tomorrow
with a wail or two...

Well, it's scheduled. Little Miss Evie is having tubes put in her ears tomorrow morning. Now, as surgeries go, this is incredibly minor - the surgery itself takes only 10 minutes though she does get put out for it. BUT I have to take a year old baby to the hospital by myself, a baby that hasn't eaten or drunk in more than 12 hours, and that, I expect, will be the hard (and loud) part.

That and watching my baby get put under...

Still, hopefully this will resolve her hearing loss. We'll be seeing the audiologist again in a month to check back on that.

In other news, the *new* baby appears to be baking away quite nicely, my BP is remaining stable, and I'm not loading on the weight. Joined a gym and have made it a goal to swim twice a week for 1/2 hour. I know it's not all that much but it's what I can manage so I just try to keep my heartrate up for the whole time and enjoy the heck out of having a shower all by myself at the end.

Tomorrow's a busy day in a lot of ways. Anyone in Central CT is cordially invited to join us tomorrow evening for a concert of Mendelssohn works at Center Church at 7:30 p.m. I'll be doing "O Rest in the Lord"; it's low for me but the space isn't cavernous and the accompaniment is piano so hopefully it will go well.

Honestly though, I can't think that far ahead. Right now, I'm just focused on getting Katie to the sitter tomorrow before 9 so Evie and I can be to the hospital at 9:30. If you hear persistent wailing about that time, you'll know from whence it cometh.

6 comments:

Harriet said...

Good luck to both of you tomorrow! It's a hard thing to watch. I went through the same thing watching AJ go in for his tonsillectomy last year. I knew it would be fine, but it's awful watching your baby go under anesthesia and then come back out again. Hugs!

Brightdreamer said...

Ear issues... not fun at all. Best of luck !

ingusne - the color of crud drained from an ear infection.

IWOM said...

Sometimes it really sucks to be so far away. This is one of those times when I wish I could baby-sit, bake brownies or grout your tiles: whatever it is you need Wednesday morning. Let us know ASAP that everything went well -- which it will considering all the good thoughts and prayers with you and Evie just now.

LauraJ said...

Big hugs for the today!! Many well wishes coming your way.
I'm happy to hear you are taking time out for yourself :re excercise and swimming! It does your soul very good.
much love xo
still waiting on if the littlest tyke is boy or girl... :)

Jade said...

Good luck with the surgery and post-tube doc appointments! My sister had to have tubes in her ears several times, it made a huge difference in her ability to hear.

Anonymous said...

I am so late and hope all has gone well...you can do it! I had 2 with tubes at 18 months so I can empathize. Hold on and do the best you can...
(ps. for all of my bravado, I cried when they sedated Michaela for her CAT scan)...