May 12, 2009

Tomorrow

Tomorrow, tomorrow, we'll start the day tomorrow
with a wail or two...

Well, it's scheduled. Little Miss Evie is having tubes put in her ears tomorrow morning. Now, as surgeries go, this is incredibly minor - the surgery itself takes only 10 minutes though she does get put out for it. BUT I have to take a year old baby to the hospital by myself, a baby that hasn't eaten or drunk in more than 12 hours, and that, I expect, will be the hard (and loud) part.

That and watching my baby get put under...

Still, hopefully this will resolve her hearing loss. We'll be seeing the audiologist again in a month to check back on that.

In other news, the *new* baby appears to be baking away quite nicely, my BP is remaining stable, and I'm not loading on the weight. Joined a gym and have made it a goal to swim twice a week for 1/2 hour. I know it's not all that much but it's what I can manage so I just try to keep my heartrate up for the whole time and enjoy the heck out of having a shower all by myself at the end.

Tomorrow's a busy day in a lot of ways. Anyone in Central CT is cordially invited to join us tomorrow evening for a concert of Mendelssohn works at Center Church at 7:30 p.m. I'll be doing "O Rest in the Lord"; it's low for me but the space isn't cavernous and the accompaniment is piano so hopefully it will go well.

Honestly though, I can't think that far ahead. Right now, I'm just focused on getting Katie to the sitter tomorrow before 9 so Evie and I can be to the hospital at 9:30. If you hear persistent wailing about that time, you'll know from whence it cometh.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Harriet said...

Good luck to both of you tomorrow! It's a hard thing to watch. I went through the same thing watching AJ go in for his tonsillectomy last year. I knew it would be fine, but it's awful watching your baby go under anesthesia and then come back out again. Hugs!

10:54 PM  
Blogger Brightdreamer said...

Ear issues... not fun at all. Best of luck !

ingusne - the color of crud drained from an ear infection.

12:28 AM  
Anonymous IWOM said...

Sometimes it really sucks to be so far away. This is one of those times when I wish I could baby-sit, bake brownies or grout your tiles: whatever it is you need Wednesday morning. Let us know ASAP that everything went well -- which it will considering all the good thoughts and prayers with you and Evie just now.

1:39 AM  
Blogger LauraJ said...

Big hugs for the today!! Many well wishes coming your way.
I'm happy to hear you are taking time out for yourself :re excercise and swimming! It does your soul very good.
much love xo
still waiting on if the littlest tyke is boy or girl... :)

6:50 AM  
Blogger Jade said...

Good luck with the surgery and post-tube doc appointments! My sister had to have tubes in her ears several times, it made a huge difference in her ability to hear.

11:27 AM  
OpenID jerseytjej said...

I am so late and hope all has gone well...you can do it! I had 2 with tubes at 18 months so I can empathize. Hold on and do the best you can...
(ps. for all of my bravado, I cried when they sedated Michaela for her CAT scan)...

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home