Apr 22, 2010

Insert Puffy Lower Lip Here

I outsmarted myself again! Yes, I do appear to be good at this. Unfortunately, I've not yet found a way to make it profitable, more's the pity.

My boots came - Ooooh, I'm going to love these boots. But I have to put their lovely little black selves back into the box and ship them back to Danner (well, to be fair, Danner's sent a return sticker). I had been going to go with the 8 to begin with but my sneakers (which are a men's 8) are just a hair too short so I figured I'd better go with the 8.5. Apparently, Danners run a bit longer than New Balance and they're just that much too long. My heels slip up and down and, from years spent hiking with my family growing up, I know that slipping boots = blisters.

So, sadly, back they go. Once the new ones arrive, I ship them back to Danner's recraft department for stretching in the balls (of the feet, Jade, of the feet!). I can understand Danner wanting me to try on the boots before requesting they be stretched. It makes excellent business sense. My lack of patience, however, does not understand excellent business sense, however, so I'm pouting. ;)

And lusting... after my own boots. I am such a dork!

5 comments:

h. said...

Or, you know, you could just come to Portland and just try them on in the Danner Factory Outlet store (http://www.danner.com/category/factory+store.do)

Jade could come down, and then we could all go get lunch and whatnot.
Just saying... ;-)

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Funny you should say that... ;)

IWOM said...

Please. We're talking about BOOTS. It's not like a husband or kids -- this is a serious matter. Do you know how long I every take every few years in Cowtown in Vegas picking out my latest cowboy boots? I used that line on the salesperson last time and every cowgirl in earshot nodded or smiled.

It is not life or death -- it is your BOOTS so therefore much more important. No excuses needed.

Jade said...

And how does Danner feel about you wanting to stretch the balls?

(I'd apologize, but I'm entirely not sorry for that joke. You said balls... it's funny)
*grin*

IWOM is right, there is nothing dorky about this... we're talking BOOTS here. :)

smileymamaT said...

Heh heh. Stretching balls. Hey, you started it.

I've never owned a pair of boots - I'm a flip-flopper and earth-shoe-sandaler. I think it'll have to go on my bucket list, though, if I ever I make one.