May 15, 2006

Pearls Before Swine

Or a person shaped like a swine, at least... Round and sort of squishy. Although my nose doesn't turn up so I guess I'm only sort of swiney. ;)

Pearls... I got the best gift for Mother's Day. A double strand of real (real!!) pearls. They are gorgeous and I still can't believe it. Since I slammed him for the lack of birthday forethought, I figured it was only fair to share his success as well.

Vacation... We survived. It was actually about as I expected. Katie was very good, for the most part. Even at dinner in fancy restaurants. She flirted shamelessly with everyone she came into contact with. Only one problem: she hated the beach. And, even more, she hated the hat I made her wear. We wound up making a tent for her between our beach chairs, where she fussed for the entire 2 hours, making us both miserable. Still, she was awfully cute!

3 comments:

graymama said...

He should get bonus points for getting you REAL pearls :-)

Katie looks so cute! At least she was her authentic self on your vacation, just like Buddy was his authentic teething, toddler self on mine :-P

Glad to see you back!

Jade said...

See, Mother's Day gets enough commercials that guys tend to notice. With birthdays, you're on your own!

We have a pop-up tent thing that we used for shade at the beach... but Gayle was usually cool about wearing a hat anyway. Cute sunglasses!

LJ said...

((Or a person shaped like a swine, at least... Round and sort of squishy. Although my nose doesn't turn up so I guess I'm only sort of swiney. ;)}}

This makes me so sad, don't paint yourself in such a poor light. You are not swine!!
Positive thoughts, positive beatiful thoughts!!