Sep 22, 2006

Brooke David Rosenbaum

Since I posted my tribute to Brooke as part of the 2,996 Project, I was fortunate enough to be contacted by his stepmother. She kindly shared with me more of Brooke's personality and background than I was able to glean from the online resources I had used. I am pleased to be able to repost my tribute here. Please take the time to read this (you can make it larger by clicking on it) as it is far more representative of Brooke's life than the previous one. My sincere thanks to Fern Rosenbaum. I wish you peace and joy in the happy memories you have of Brooke.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm new at posting and I just tried a few moments ago and it's not showing up so please forgive me if you see this twice.

I am Brooke Rosenbaums stepmom. I didn't give birth to him but I raised him so I feel I have the right to call him my child also.

My heart goes out to all the families who have gone through what we have gone through. We have a hole in our hearts that will never ever mend. I dream about Brooke a lot and in those dreams I cry and tell him how glad I am to see him. I hope one day this dream will come true and I will see him again.
I pray he never knew what hit him and that he had no fear and no pain, thats all I can hope for.

He was a great kid with a great sense of humor and I feel so much that he was cheated and if I could switch places with him I would. I thank you for taking the time to put this together peppypilotgirl... Forgive me if I got your name wrong but I tried.

God Bless my Step Son and God Bless America.

Fern Rosenbaum - Broken hearted stepmom.

Robin said...

I seem really emotional tonight about some other things but reading that you got to talk to a relative of the person you remembered on Sept 11 touched me as being very special. It evoked tears that had been unshed earlier as I wandered through my own memories of a difficult situation.

Mrs. Rosenbaum, if you stop back, I pray that God will fill that huge void in your life as only God can fill it. He understands because His beloved only Son also died a very torturous and painful death. He really cares about you too.

Hugs, Robin