Feb 23, 2007

Another "I Will Never"!

I will never take a non-profit as a client again. Yes, I know I said this the one other time I did work for a non-profit. I mean it this time. These people are even friends of mine and I WILL NOT WORK FOR A NON-PROFIT AGAIN.

Now, I have nothing against non-profits as long as I am not working for them. They are generally filled with lovely people doing underappreciated hard work for excellent causes. But design by committee does not work.

I am a design professional. You, client committee, are not. You are real estate agents, psychics, computer programmers, and clergy. Not, I repeat NOT, design professionals.

So, when you ditch my lovely fonts in your logo for something straight out of the "most overused font book", ignoring all of my information on what kinds of fonts say what kinds of things and why one font works better than another, don't ask me "as a professional" to give an opinion as to which of your lousy choices works better because I'm not going to. Not gonna do it. Wouldn't be prudent. I will send you back an email that says, "as a professional, my recommendation is neither a straight nor an italic font but a script font as discussed in my prior email on the subject."

LOL... the CD player is talking back to me...
"they love to sing you this fine song when you're in a terrible mood...
hey what a crab, ho, what a crab..."*

Guess that tells me, doesn't it?



*From Sandra Boynton's album "Rhinocerous Tap" (sp?)

7 comments:

Greta Adams said...

lmao.....

smileymamaT said...

Ick. How very annoying, when you are asked your professional opinion, and give your professional opinion....only to get a puzzled or negative reply to said opinion...leading to the universal question, "Well, why did you bother asking me?!?"
Wishing you more appreciative clients...
T

Cazzie!!! said...

Tell em like it is lovey, go girl!!!

Jade said...

We tend to avoid non-profits and schools for the same reason. We totally appreciate what it is they do, just so long as we aren't working for them.

smileymamaT said...

Thanks for the kind comments. I was thinking of you the other day, wondering how the jewelry business is coming along? Will you be giving us an update soon?
:) T

Anonymous said...

A hearty clap on the back for your decision, and I am lmao along with Greta!

Gina said...

PS...I was 45 minutes from you at Foxwoods!? I woulda rather visited than inhale smoke and coffee!