Jan 1, 2008

Potato Navy

I know, it's kind of a non sequiter, isn't it? Not to mention kind of obscure. Yet, someone somewhere thinks than an email entitled "potato navy" is a good way to sell me prescription drugs. My personal opinion is that they've been taking a few too many of said drugs... ;) *

Well, it's the dawn of another year. I suppose I ought to make resolutions. Problem is I just don't feel like it. Not that I don't stand in need of improvement because, man, there are a ton of things about me that could used to be fixed: weight, fitness, gratitude, organization, quality of mothering, the list goes on and on. No, I think I don't feel like it because I know that I won't manage to keep any resolutions unless they are so lightweight as to be ridiculous and then I will feel guilty that I did not. And, you know, I have no need of extra guilt in my life.

I suppose I should set goals, at least, if I don't make resolutions. Again, by setting goals, one runs the risk of not meeting them, which is depressing.

I think the real reason I find myself so reluctant, though, is that making resolutions or setting goals is a bit too overwhelming when one is just trying to make it from one end of the day to the other without losing it in any number of fashions. I am having real trouble looking out further than a week. With that in mind, here are my goals for this week:
  • refill (and remember to pick up!) the prescriptions
  • investigate the Board of Ed's preschool program in person at the Board of Ed offices
  • play with Katie a little each day
  • restart potty training
  • make a playdate with Katie's friends Bekah & Rachael
  • get my suitcase unpacked
  • pick up Katie's room
  • put the Christmas decorations away
  • call the Chamber of Commerce office to verify that my Business After Hours is set for 1/31 and also verify when the mailer will go out
  • prepare a mailing list and label and stamp the postcards for the Business After Hours for mailing early next week
  • work my allotted hours without wanting to throttle a coworker or high muckety muck
I'm sure there's more but that will get me started, no doubt.

Happy '08 everyone.


*Yes, I do know they use random word generators to get by SPAM filters. This combo just struck me as particularly funny. Something about the mental image of Mr. Potato Head with sail for a hat...

6 comments:

LJ said...

I like your take on the Potato Navy with mr potato head in a sailor hat!
Happy New Year! Be gentle with yourself...don't expect more of yourself than you can handle. And don't sweat the small stuff. There's always next year to make new resulotions. I resolved this year not to make any resolutions! I feel great!

Greta Adams said...

happy new year girl!!

*muah**

Jade said...

Cabbage Coast Guard!
Artichoke Army!
Arugula Airforce!
Mushroom Marines!

Umm....

Spinach Secret Service?

(I find that combination amusing too... obviously...)

Happy New Year to you! I did some basic goals this year - the daily stuff that people call "resolutions" (eat right, exercise, be kind, be patient) I try to tell myself every day already, so why bother making it a yearly list?

Good luck with your agenda this week!

Gina said...

I don't know how to use the random word generator to find myself...? Can you 'splain to me!?

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Hi JT - I wasn't referring to any particular random word generator, just that the people who send out SPAM "for a living" have computer programs that pick words randomly for the subject line - so that SPAM filters won't realize it's SPAM and let it through instead of dumping it!

smileymamaT said...

I guess that explains all the tater tots....
HAAA!

That was funny. How did you do with your New Week Resolutions?

:) T