Jan 31, 2008

Nervous Little Neurons

Well, tomorrow's the coming out party for Silvery Ever After, wherein my little sterling debutante will flirt with all the chamber of commerce people. I know, I know... I've been technically in business for nearly a year now but tomorrow is my first "Business After Hours". 500 invitations out - 375 to the Chamber of Commerce, another 125 to personal acquaintances.

Now, before you freak out, NO, I do not expect 500 people at my house tomorrow. If I'm lucky, I'll have between 40 and 50, which is a great turnout for a BAH. It's so freakin' hard - not the throwing of a party, that bit I've done many times over - it's the putting my creativity on the line. What if nobody likes it?? That would just suck ass.

And, then, of course, in a month, I have a 2 day women's event in Syracuse - a ball, if you will, as opposed to this little coming out party - that is much more my target market. But tomorrow is making me exceedingly nervous. These are people I know and respect - for them not to like my stuff would be harder to swallow than with total strangers. Which is silly, because I also know that a lot of my stuff is a little more edgy than their conservative tastes. Still, nerves are all a-jangle here.

Eh, I'm probably just overtired.

6 comments:

LJ said...

Overtired AND pregnant! I think you're gonna do well! Good luck!!! :D

Brightdreamer said...

Well, other people have purchased your jewelry, haven't they? So people do like your stuff. If its not these people's cup of tea, that's their loss... and if they are actually business people and not just showing up to be snobbish, they may know of customers/markets who would like your jewelry even if they, personally, don't care for it.

Best of luck!

Jade said...

Sooo... how was the show? :)

(I have to tell you, my sophomoric humor, coupled with the fact that I'm overly tired and on Glass of Wine #2 - has be concentrated on the phrases "Suck ass" and "harder to swallow" in your blog entry. *giggle*)

Anonymous said...

I am SURE you will not need it, but the best of luck to you my kindred sister!

Gina said...

EEEEEH!
I am back again! How did it go and what do you have left that I can buy!? Hugs and I am so jealous of impending motherhood again. Please send me your snail mail so I can send you a gift for the baby...svenskfru at yahoo dot com

Gina said...

Thank youuu! I saw it today and had to reread the message! Are you registered somewhere that I can leave a link?