Jul 11, 2008

If you need me...

Well, so far today, my daughter has
  • peed her pants,
  • flooded the upstairs bathroom so thoroughly that my kitchen ceiling has a wet spot 5' long and 18" wide, and
  • dumped half a canister of formula on the upstairs bathroom floor (after I cleaned up all the water.
In addition,
  • my parents got on my case about my discipline of said child (I confined her to her room) and
  • my husband criticized how little I've gotten done today (mind you, I've made a tortellini salad, fed Evie *and* Katie twice, run a load of wash, and vacuumed all the floors downstairs).
And just to cap it off, when Katie peed her pants, she also got *both Pink Kitties wet. I go to put them in the wash, the washer's full with John's wet laundry. Ok, I'll put it the dryer. The dryer is full of John's laundry. Ok, I'll take it out, the top of the dryer is full of John's stuff and there is no freaking laundry basket. Meanwhile, Katie is yelling, the baby is crying...

So, if you need me? I'll be on a greyhound to St. Louis under an alias.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor you! I wish I lived closer. I'd come over with a bottle of wine and a trashy novel and make you sit in the yard while I played with the kids for a while. As it is, you'll have to settle for a virtual hug and loads of empathy! I hope things are better tomorrow.

Greta Adams said...

would i be a bad parent or disrespectful if i said i have had to tell folks that they raised their kids the way they wanted and you will raise yours how you see fit...or if i said i went on strike to show what Little i do therefore i did nothing to show them....is that bad...because if so then i guess i am bad and disrespectful but it worked

i wish i lived closer as well because we can sit polish the crowns and let the children run wild while we sip cocktails :)

{{{{big hugs}}}}

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Oh, and I also located and ironed the Christening dress and slip for Sunday!

Thanks, ladies. Booze definitely makes a lot of grief go away... temporarily at least!

LauraJ said...

instead of the day i had i wish i was there to have helped you! i'm sorry it's so tough in there. Big big hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

I second everyone and will offer to Paypal you some money to hire a sitter for the night so you can take the evening off! Once in a while, I go on strike around here just to garner a little respect. The Hubbs will ask " Do we have any more *insert blank here* and I will snap back, " When was the last time WE bought some *insert blank here*"...The twins are now 15 and I refuse to do their laundry any more...it costs $25.00 a month for the service...