Nov 22, 2008

Of Inspirational Phrases.

A phrase I heard once is dancing at the periphery of my consciousness - “if God brings you to it, God will bring you through it" - these days. I can’t disprove it as, well, God has brought me to a whole boatload of “its” and I’m still alive. You’ll note, however, the saying does not say “will bring you through it unscathed” or “happy” or even “unchanged”. It promises nothing but that the sufferer of “it” will continue and there are a lot worse things out there than dead, many of which leave you praying for dead instead. This isn’t helping my mood any, is it? Guess I’ll try to leave that one alone and go back to “This, too, shall pass.” It’s a little more certain.

2 comments:

LauraJ said...

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

my verification word is cryoc ...cry??

Anonymous said...

I disagree. God maybe testing you, but by bringing yourself through "it," you gain strength by overcoming and learning from "it."