Apr 19, 2009

The Tale of a Tail

Or how I lost 13" in twenty minutes.

I'd been growing my hair since Katie was born 3 1/2 years ago - not out of any grand scheme on my part, just lack of time and money, really.



It had been getting to be quite a pain though pretty when it wanted to be but got in my way unless I put it up.



So my sister was here and easily co-opted. And we wound up with a 13" ponytail being separated from my head. I swear the thing looked like it could sprout legs and walk away on its own it was so long.



Fortunately, such a critter doesn't go to waste even if it once went to waist! (Heh, I crack myself up... ;) )



And now we're back to short. How long will this last? Um...

7 comments:

Harriet M. Welsch said...

An impressive tail and a cute new haircut!

LauraJ said...

oh you look beautiful with the shorter hair! you have a gorgeous colour too!! i bet you feel lighter as well!
the chopsticks are gorgeous!

Raindog said...

You have an amazing hair color!
Kudos for donating your hair!

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Thanks, everyone!

And, yep, LJ, definitely feel lighter. Many fewer headaches.

smileymamaT said...

Oh well hi there gorgeous! I do truly love the new look and you look genuinely happy with it as well - what a nice idea to donate your long hair. Your singing is absolutely beautiful too, I'm listening to it while I type!

Jade said...

I keep my hair on the shorter side nowadays to avoid headaches from wearing it up.
The new do looks fantastic... very Scully! :)

Gino said...

the short do looks good on you.
it's cute, and brightens your face.

but how does hubby feel about losing the long locks?
too late for him now,haha.