Jul 1, 2010

Yeeehaaaaa!!!

Well, I had my audition for the PPC tonight. I sang the Handel and the Duke - they went well. Both pieces fit my voice very well, fortunately, and I only had a couple bits that I wasn't entirely happy with. The intervals went quite well (thank the Lord, no m6 or M6 down) but the sight reading sucked ass.

"You have a lovely voice, a very bright tone," he said, "we should be making final decisions in about a week."

Christine, my voice teacher (and friend), called me about an hour later - I'm in!!! I cannot express how excited I am. Excited enough to celebrate madly with martinis and chicken wings and brownies, despite my diet. This has been a goal for years and years.

Christine is proud of me. Pam, my choir director (and friend) who pushed me into auditioning despite my hesitation, will be proud of me, I know. Jessica, Julie, Gabe - all the CONCORA people I know and respect. Jackie Jarrett, my late voice teacher, would be so proud of me. I miss her tonight so much and wish I could tell her in person.

And, heck, for once, I'm proud of me, too. Who'd'a thunk that, at this point in my life, I'd actually have a vocal career??

CONCORA
, here I come!

4 comments:

Brightdreamer said...

Yay! Hooray!

(And you doubted that your blinding awesomeness was the reason they delayed the audition... ;-) )

Little word of caution, though - tempting as it is, do not put the chicken wings in the brownie mix. Chocolate and chicken... two great tastes that don't taste so great together. Especially if you slosh the martini all over the concoction. There's excitement, and then there's just silly... ;-)

bayed - How you didn't sing

LJ said...

we have a little ditty we do around here when we accomplish big things: Happy Happy Joy Joy Happy Happy Joy Joy (And repeat until you're silly.)
Yes it was stolen from an old cartoon.
I'm so Happy for you!!!

Anonymous said...

Although I know beans about choir stuff, I can tell that that is a fabulous accomplishment and martini's chicken wings and brownies...? I am slobbering on the keyboard...The hubs and 75% of the kids went to the small house for the week and I can do what I want, lol!
Congrats again, sis!
Gina...forgot my WP password, lol!

h. said...

Oh YAY! Congratulations! New beginnings are such wonderful things!