Dec 5, 2006

21 Day Challenge | Day 21 | Inseparable / Three Weeks

21. Inseparable

We were the best of friends,
inseparable in
fun, laughter.

I don’t know
when
the drift
began.

It became complete
when her
response to the death
of my child
was a fifth of
vodka
and a stack of
stupid comedies.

Funny how death
separates the inseparable.


22. Three Weeks

Three weeks
have passed.

Three weeks in which I have
eaten (too much), slept (not well),
bathed, run errands, worked, and
watched my daughter.

Three weeks which have seemed
as long as
three years
but which have served
to dull the
pain
somewhat.

Three weeks in which I have
stayed as busy as humanly
possible.

Because to slow down
enough to think
would mean
to feel and
to feel has been
too painful
for words.

I believe
that it is
time
to slow down.

4 comments:

Robin said...

And now may the God of hope fill the empty place with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

smileymamaT said...

It is disappointing how someone can think that to "make you laugh" is the answer to deep, aching grief. This has happened to me also. Maybe this is all they know to do.
Hmmm.

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Ironically, SmileyMamaT, she's not unacquainted with tragic grief -- her brother killed himself a few years back. I guess everyone recovers in their own way... you may be right, maybe this is all they know how to do.

Thanks, Robin.

And thank you to everyone for your support and encouragement through this 21 Day Challenge. Blog post coming soon on where I go from here.

Love, PPG

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your 21 days with us. I don't comment much, because, like many who haven't been there, I find myself at a loss for words. But I've been thinking about you a lot. You're an amazing person and I know you'll get through this. I'm just sorry you have to.