Dec 6, 2006

3 Weeks and Counting - Thanks

for all your support over the last 3 weeks. Being able to express some of the myriad emotions running rampant in my head helped me a lot through these weeks and knowing I had friends to read the poems helped a lot too. There is a lot more to be said but I know I've healed some because the ideas aren't assaulting me at every turn and I am now able to think about the situation without becoming Niobe.

I would be interested to know if you particularly liked or disliked any of the poems and what your overall feeling about them was. I'd also be interested to know whether you think these might help other women going through the same thing. I have an idea but I'm not sure yet if it's a worthwhile one. So, please don't be afraid to tell me you didn't like them or found them banal or something; I'm just curious and will still love you all, I promise! If you don't want to leave comments publicly - you can reach me at peppypilotgirl (at) hotmail.com or any one of my other email addresses.

I really appreciate your continued help.

I will probably be writing about this (and other things) for a while as, among all the grieving, I seem to have remembered that I *like* to write poetry. (Lucky you... not.)

4 comments:

FoxPhile said...

K2,

To say I looked forward to reading your daily poem doesn't sound quite right. Although I did make a point to stop by every other day or so to catch up. I would call them more compelling than enjoyable. The topic and the cause are just too heartwrenching. But they are beautiful and well written. And many of the feelings expressed reflect issues I would not have imagined dealing with in this situation.

All that to say abso-freakin'-lutely, I think they would be a great help to women dealing with miscarriage. Especially the ones that express the loneliness of a grief that so many others don't acknowledge. That must be one of the hardest things to deal with, and several of your poems expressed that so well. Others that speak to how going through something like this can have such a profound affect on your relationships with others. And still others that deal with the inner turmoil.

Regardless of what you decide to do with them, I'm glad to hear that they've served their purpose; that they helped you to begin healing. I look forward to reading your continued works!

Love and hugs,

-FP

smileymamaT said...

Same here. Thinking of publishing? I hope so.
-T

Gina said...

I hated to say it but I loved reading them! Sometimes I cried, sometimes I was ashamed because I had the same response but could not put it so eloquently into words as you did. This is a Godsend to all of us that have had a misscarrage of life. I am so proud of you!

Kat Campbell said...

When I miscarried 22 years ago, I had two little girls that needed me, we were in the middle of moving from state to state, leaving all my friends behind. I was told "you're young, you'll have others" and I did. But not that one. By necessity I crushed down all my sadness and anger and didn't realize how profoundly I needed to grieve until I read your poetry and cried with you.