Dec 16, 2006

Been a While and I'm Sorry 'Bout That

But first we had our Christmas party to get ready for and then I got my period.

I know, I know, why should menstruation keep me from blogging. Well, it signaled the close of the first cycle after we lost the baby. I wanted to write about it; I just couldn't find the words. I may yet. Oops, I guess I just did. I do have other things to blog about but the time just gets away from me. Sorry!

Cycles

The bleeding starts
lightly,
thinly.

My body
returns to its normal
rhythm,
cycling with the moon,
the tides.

My mind is also
slowly
returning to its normal
rhythm,
the beat of my heart
being the only
heartbeat therein.

We will,
soon enough,
start searching again,
searching each other
for the soul that will
join us
eventually,
inviting it to
take up a
temporary residence
in my body,
and a permanent
one in our lives.

I am
heartened,
hopeful,
wistful
as my body
prepares a new palette
for the Creator
of Light
to use.

4 comments:

Robin said...

cool poem

smileymamaT said...

Been a while for me too...glad to see you are writing, and heartened, and hopeful.
-T

Gina said...

I am also on a sabbatical of sorts...Happy hollidays to you and the family!

smileymamaT said...

Hi there. Just wondering if you got a chance to "motate your bahooty" yet...? I sure haven't.... :)
-T