Mar 6, 2008

There's Always Someone Who Has It Worse Off

I discovered a website yesterday that really made me appreciate all I have. If you have the time and inclination, please visit www.modestneeds.org (there's also a button link in my sidebar).

The nice thing about it is that you have the option of directing where you'd like any donation to go - and, no, I don't mean just general categories. Like Kiva, you can direct your contribution to a particular application for help. (FYI, unlike Kiva, this is a charity and not a lending type of situation.)

Times are hard for so many of us but this site allows us to donate so little but, combined with other's donations, it can make such a difference to someone who has it even worse. Even if it's only $5... heck, even $1... please consider making a donation. You could make a true difference in someone's life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right now, we are having MAJOR financial issues because of the lack of snow this winter. The Hubbs is talking about selling the house and moving to the small one in the mountains 5 hours away. There is only one problem with this (aside from the fact that we don't have jobs there) it is 5.75 hours from the airport. I feel like crap when I complain, because there are SO many others that don't have the luxury of a second home to flee to. They don't have to sell the car or fear the fact that the kids won't understand because they " can't have their own rooms" like before. There but for the Grace of God... My life ain't even that bad...

Anonymous said...

PS...did I ever join you in the salute to the NJ dept of Taxation? Eff'em!