Jun 3, 2006

NH3

Did you know the chemical make up of ammonia is 1 Nitrogen atom and 3 Hydrogen atoms? Just in case you were curious.

I have been shoveling!! Shoveling out my closet, shoveling out the baby's room, shoveling out the attic. I have bags and bags of clothes to go to the goodwill, thown out clothes so worn they wouldn't even make good rags, and discovered a few clothes I'd forgotten about. I made some serious progress. Now, I need to haul the family toys up from my office to go into the attic (in the space I created) so that I'm one step closer to getting the cat pee smell out of my office.

Yes, my office reeks of cat pee. Apparently, when we were gone to New Jersey, he got in there and peed up a pissed off storm. Everything's got to come out, the carpet has to come up and get pitched. Then I have to wash the concrete down with as much Nil Odor as I can get my hands on, then seal the concrete and then have new carpet put down. Now, the kicker in this is that I know my desk and file cabinets won't survive being moved. They're those you-put-it-together-particle-board-wonders and are on their last legs already. So, this whole project also involves new office furniture. Can't really afford it, particularly not with having to get new carpet, but I figure I'll hit IKEA and hopefully that will make it more do-able.

And, hopefully, once I get all that done, my mother will STOP COMMENTING ON THE FUCKING CAT PEE ALREADY!!!

Oops... did I type that out loud?

5 comments:

Rachel said...

We used to have a chihuahua (sp?) that would only piss in one corner of my son's room. No matter what I did the dog would not go outside. That's not why we don't have the dog any more, btw. I'm afraid that we're going to have to rip the carpet out.

graymama said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
graymama said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
graymama said...

THAT SUCKS! Cat pee is the WORST!

You could join your local freecycle group(www.freecycle.org) to not only get rid of your stuff, but you can post that you want new office furniture. You might just luck out and not have to spend any unnecessary amounts. You could even request some new carpet, too.

I am glad that you have at least gotten a little bit of work accomplished. Wish I could physically help out! Please know I am thinking of you! Remember carmex under the nose can mask just about any smell :-)

(Apologies for the repost of my comment. Blogger fucked up on my first TWO attempts)

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Good luck with the carpet, princessr9! I've always thought chihuahuas were a little nuts... Too much energy. Does dog pee smell as nasty as cat pee?

Thanks for the freecycle.org info, graymama! I'd never heard of them and it sounds like a useful resource!

I guess I'm glad to know that other people's cats pee in their offices too, Willow - although I'm sorry you've got to deal with it too. I am definitely going to take pictures and I am kind of looking forward to (finally) getting the walls painted in there!

Yep, cat pee sucks. But you guys don't!