Jun 13, 2006

That's the News and I Am Outta Here...

(with apologies to Dennis Miller)

Hello, blog. Sorry I've not been here of late. It seems I'm obligated to... well... everyone which seems to leave no time for me. Or you. Sorry, blog. What can I say? It's been kind of a crappy few days.

I cracked the rear driver's side corner of my car up; car meets tree, car loses. All the damage is contained in 1 or 2 square feet but I figure it'll be a couple grand: new bumper cover (painted), new light lenses, rear quarter panel taken off, beat back into shape, and painted. We have collision but, still, the deductible is $500. And then the rates go up. For 7 years we've lived in this house and I've backed out my driveway and for 7 years that tree has been lying in wait, biding its time. I guess it got tired of waiting. Unfortunately, that $500 was supposed to be my airfare to the west coast this summer.

Then there's Teething. Oh, and a nasty cold, which started with a 102° fever on Friday. To give the baby credit though, she's being remarkably good about the whole thing. She didn't have to have Tylenol or Motrin once today though so I think she's improving although she's still seriously snuffling. Of course, I'm coming down with her cold and feel like shit at the moment.

We had picnics both Saturday and Sunday. I know, I know, picnics are supposed to be fun. The one was John's college reunion and, for the most part, it was fun. Sunday was the picnic for the women pilots' group I belong to. It was fun enough, I guess, although the meeting part seemed interminable. It made me really miss my flying though. It seems like such a dream now, that I actually can fly an airplane. Assuming I still can. I can't, of course, legally. My medical is out of date and I'm waaaaay out of currency. I don't have the money to bring either of those into order at the moment.

My parents came up Thursday and stayed through Sunday. They did babysit Saturday night which was really nice of them. Their house purchase was finalized Monday. Dad will be back tomorrow to start dismantling the pool (removing the "attractive nuisance").

Saturday was the monthly Big O. We took advantage of it but I think I'm giving up. Just not very hopeful this cycle. For the best, I suppose. Although feeling hopeless isn't exactly the way I want to live my life. ((And to all those who've never struggled with fertility: no, sorry, it's not fun trying. It's stressful. It's awkward. It's one of the least romantic things one can do as a couple.))

I really have no reason to be feeling sort of, well, blue isn't exactly the right word. It's not blue, per se; it's more... flat. Like tonic water left open on the counter over night. Flat and sort of oddly flavoured.

6 comments:

Jade said...

Maybe there's another way we can come up with the airfare? It's be so great for you to come out, and I think you need the break as much as I do!

You're right... it's not fun trying on a clock. I'm debating about giving up the monitor and just letting fate and fun run things instead of a digital read out. (I keep seeing those sitcoms where married couples try to "make it interesting" with costumes and such... I'm beginning to wonder if that's not a bad idea)

Oh and Dan has been doing cold remedy research, and he says when you start to feel a cold coming on to pour hydrogen peroxide (3% formula) in your ears and let it sit for 5 minutes in each ear. It bubbles and feels wicked weird, but the theory is colds and flu start with your ears, and this is supposed to kill it within 12-14 hours. I know colds always start in my ears, I usually feel my left ear pounding and I know what I'm in for.

Jade said...

PS - about the airfare... how bad does your hubby feel about not giving you a Christmas or Birthday present, by the way? Could you work that in your favor? *grin*

PeppyPilotGirl said...

I promised myself that we'd officially "try" for a year so I've got about 6 months left to go. At that point though, the monitor is going into cupboard for good. Costumes, eh? You never know - might work!

Interesting re: the hydrogen peroxide. Is it the sort of thing you can do after the cold is in full force or do you have to do it when you're just starting to feel like you might get one. I'll bet it would feel similar to those eardrops that are supposed to clear up wax (they're another form of peroxide).

I'm going to keep hoping for an unexpected windfall to get me out there, Jade... You never know, maybe I can get one of those "you bid for it" fares!

graymama said...

Can we make donations for your trip?

If you ever feel a cold coming on, you can boil water, brown sugar, fresh sliced ginger and green onions. Then drink the water. Works like a charm! I learned about it when I was in school for acupuncture and traditional chinese medicine.

Hope you are feeling better! {{{{hugs}}}}

Teething SUCKS!

Your husband paying your flying fees would be the perfect gift for you on your birthday, christmas, or mother's day.

About three years before Buddy was born, I was told I couldn't have any children. Infertility is very hard! At least your body has done it once now, so it should be easier to conceive this time. It took us forever to get pregnant the first time, but was only a few cycles with Buddy. Hang in there!

If you want any helpful herbal ideas, I could help you out :-)
Also, check out www.arvigomassage.com

I had the uterine massage done to keep my uterus in perfect positioning. I believe that it helped us get pregnant so easily with Buddy. (The massage is done above the pubic area where the uterus and bladder are located on the tummy).

PeppyPilotGirl said...

How bad does that concoction taste, graymama? It really sounds, um, no offense, vile. I may try it anyway though next time.

I am feeling better thanks and, if you want to pass along any herbal ideas, feel free! (I checked out that site and there is a practioner right in my town - handy!)

graymama said...

It tastes interesting. Hubby calls it the "cold shot" because we down it so quickly.

I will look up the fertility herbs we used and e-mail them to you.