Sep 2, 2009

Ahhhhh, Back to School

So, my blood pressure fell by tens of points today. My nearly 4 year old went back to preschool - 9:30 - 2:30 T, W, and Th this year. I'd feel guilty about how good I feel about this but for three things: (1) she LOVES school, (2) she's much better behaved when she returns (which doesn't say much for my parenting, I'll admit) and, best of all, (3) I like her a LOT better for having the break from her during the day.

I got an hour to myself this afternoon while the 16 month old was napping. It was glorious. Yes, I should have folded the laundry. Yes, I should have finished up the bills. Yes, I should've changed the sheets in the crib and put away all the girls' too big/too small clothes that are cluttering up the nursery. Yes, I should done any number of practical things that are hard to do with the kids about. Screw that shit. The sunroom was the perfect temperature with the windows open and I looked out on a sunny cheerful backyard, it was quiet and peaceful, and I was alone. Alone!!! I played on Facebook and sent a couple of long, chatty emails to friends. Totally fucking worth it.

Cheers all!

4 comments:

LJ said...

I'm so envious of your blissful hour....5 days!

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Hang in there, LJ!

Amanda said...

Enjoy all the glorious mobile-child-free time you're going to have during the school season! From the sound of things lately, you deserve this chance to finally be able to relax. (:

smileymamaT said...

Screw that shit! HAAAAA!! Totally hear you. Totally. Oh and no update yet- we must wait for the traveling neurologist to meander back here and read the darn scan results before any definite diagnosis. So I wait, oh well, at least I can stay home for a while. Gotta think positive. :)