Sep 9, 2009

T-Minus-6.5

As in, 6.5 days until the occupant makes his way, via slice in my abdomen, into the world. You'd think I'd be relaxed and calm by now, that I wouldn't worry about him and just be focused on getting through the last week of discomfort.

Now, don't get me wrong, being this pregnant is distinctly uncomfortable. But.

But I worry. I know way too much about what can go wrong. Sure, our loss was early on but I know a lot of people who lost their babies at the last minute. Cord accidents, true knots, placental abruptions, previously undiagnosed genetic disorders. If he's not moving, I worry that he's still. If he's moving, I worry that he's working his umbilical cord into a knot or around his neck.

It doesn't help that I'm beat and don't really have the energy to do the last few remaining things that need to be done (or can't - i.e., put the new, narrower car seats in the backseat - I simply don't fit it my backseat at this point). He's dropped so I'm sleeping better at least - I can breathe without stabbing pain in my stomach. But I can't focus for the worry.

Anybody got a nice shiny object?

6 comments:

LJ said...

What type of shiny object are you looking for?

That worrying never, ever, ever stops. Mine has exited my womb almost 10 years ago and still I worry. Not about umbilical cords but this time sleep apnea machine cords.

I once heard someone say that worry is a mother's curse.

LJ said...

ps~ big big hugs

smileymamaT said...

I getcha. I'd send you shiny objects but by the time they'd get there, the baby would have got there first. :) How exciting, only 6 days left... get that man to put in those car seats, you go put your feet up. ;)
T

h. said...

Um, shiny objects are really more your forte. I handle soft and squidgy objects more. Yet, "squidgy" just doesn't have the lovely ring "shiny" has.

PeppyPilotGirl said...

LOL, h - yet "squidgy" is very apropos given my current shape! ;)

Thanks, ladies!

I think I'll just watch endless hours of YouTube instead of working... that's distracting enough (and cheaper than shopping...)

Cheers!

P.S. T-minus 5.5!!

Jade said...

Shiny object: http://www.textsfromlastnight.com/

Good luck on getting through the final week!