Sep 15, 2009

T-minus 1.25

Katie has now been duly feted for her birthday. I cannot believe she's 4 already. Yow.

Only 29.25 hours until we leave for the hospital. It's damn weird this whole scheduled thing. I mean, Katie's birth was scheduled but the induction didn't take and it quickly went to unscheduled. Evie had a c-section scheduled but then, of course, arrived a month early without warning. It's just odd knowing that "ok, tomorrow I need to do blah-blah-blah because we need to get up early Wednesday."

I'm now officially on maternity leave - I know I'll have to check my work email tomorrow at least briefly but, other that that, I will not be doing work-work for the next week. Back at the keyboard for that on the 23rd.

Alrighty, I still have Katie's lunch to make and 18 cupcakes to frost for tomorrow. Yes, I bought the cupcakes for most of her class but this one poor kid has a violent peanut allergy and can't eat them. The preschool teachers won't let her eat anything I might make and send in for her either. So, I made the cupcakes, frosted a few and ran them over the backyard to her mom to send in with her. If they won't let her eat what her mom sends, then we're in bad shape for sure.

Oh, by the way, my dad was fine this a.m. so I'm pretty sure it was that he overdid it. We're on for Wed. a.m.

'Night all. Baby in less than a day and a half. Yikes!!

3 comments:

LauraJ said...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!!

smileymamaT said...

Wow, already nearly time. Well I wonder if Hallmark has a card for this... nope... :)
So I'll just say Happy Upcoming Delivery! or maybe Happy Nearly Teeny Diaper Time? Hee hee... I'll certainly be thinking about you too!!! Bests!

Raindog said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed!