Aug 30, 2010

i really like dinosaurs, i like 'em a lot, 14 pteranodons is what i've got

14 pteranodons, they're friendly and tame, and i've given each one a special name...
and not one was named Bob. ;-)* (I can't quite figure out the picture thing but, if you click each picture, you should get an unobstructed view.)

It was hot. Man, it was hot. It was still 93° at 7:30 p.m. so you can imagine how nasty it was in my backyard at 2 p.m. in the afternoon. Yet...

14 little pteranodons decorated their wings...


then swooped their gliders into the "fish pond" for fish. (Though, of course, pteranodons eat fish, they found that the construction paper variety had a little too much... fiber... for tasty consumption and happily traded them for the surprise of a secret prize from the prize box.)

14 pteranodons then transformed into 14 junior paleontologists and excavated dinosaur skeletons in the sandbox and listened to Skippyjon Jones and The Big Bones before eating their cake and ice cream.

We finished the afternoon with much flapping around - the pteranodons flapped their wings, we wingless ones flapped our fans. It was... hot.


~~~
with apologies to Sandra Boynton and her "15 Animals" song... ;-)

3 comments:

Harriet M. Welsch said...

I thought you were talking about Dinosaur Bob by William Joyce, which was one of AJ's favorites when he was in preschool. We still sing the song at the end of the book sometimes (to the tune of Auld Lang Syne):

He's Bob the best old Bob
the biggest bob you've ever seen
He's mesozoic
and heroic
and he's really green.

He's Bob the best old Bob
The biggest bob you'll ever know
He's mesozoic
and heroic
and we love him so.

I'm glad the party was a success!

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Oooh, I like that one and I'll bet Katie will too.

Ours is from the Rhinocerous (sp?) Tap album:

I really like animals, I like 'em a lot
15 animals is what I've got
I've got 15 animals, they're friendly and tame
and I've given each one a special name!

I've got a cat named Bob and a dog named Bob and two fish called Bob and Bob.
I've got Bob the hamster and Bob the horse
and a piglet, name of Bob, of course.
I've got my rabbit, Bob, and his bunny wife, Bob, and their kids: Bob, Bob, and Bob.
I've got Bob the mouse and Bob the bird
and my turtle, Simon James Alexander Ragsdale the Third!

Jade said...

Sounds like the party was a success! Sorry about the heat though... 93? YUCK. Seems like kids don't mind the heat as much as us adult though.