Jul 10, 2006

67 Trivialities

Willow wanted trivia... blame her!
  1. I am the oldest of 3 children.
  2. I lost my virginity on November 8, 1984.
  3. Sometimes I regret Fact No. 2 but only because the sex was so good and my marital sex is so not.
  4. I got my private pilot's license on April 22, 2004.
  5. My FAA written examination for my instrument rating expired last month.
  6. Fact No. 5 annoys the hell out of me.
  7. I share my birthday with Great Britain's current Queen Elizabeth.
  8. Despite her poor fashion sense, I'm relieved Fact No. 7 relates to Queen Elizabeth and not Dubya.
  9. It's been 17 years since I was graduated from college and 21 years since the New York State Board of Regents saw fit to graduate me from high school.
  10. Fact No. 9 makes me feel positively ancient.
  11. I like nice shoes and handbags.
  12. Speaking of shoes, not a single pair of my shoes fit after I had the baby.
  13. Fact No. 12 still upsets me but mostly because I can't find any cute replacement shoes.
  14. I went to an elementary school with an open classroom environment.
  15. I love to wrap presents elegantly.
  16. I really like to get presents but only if they show the person put some thought into it.
  17. Sometimes I still make believe.
  18. I wrote/write X-Files and Stargate fanfic.
  19. I'm embarassed to admit Fact No. 18 to 3D friends and wouldn't dream of admitting Fact No. 17 to anyone I had to face.
  20. I am obsessively controlling about my Christmas tree. No one else is allowed to touch it.
  21. I don't care that Fact No. 20 is true. It's my tree, dammit.
  22. My 3D friends laugh about Fact No. 20 but admit I have one of the best decorated Christmas trees they've ever seen (even as they are sneakily trying to rearrange ornaments to see if I notice). I do notice. Every time.
  23. I have met some really wonderful people online.
  24. I am a good party planner.
  25. I am a very bad athlete. (Very, very bad athlete.)
  26. I absolutely hate my exercise routine but do it anyway.
  27. My sunburn itches.
  28. I hate it when people are mad at me.
  29. I am a perfectionist.
  30. Due to Fact No. 29, I constantly feel I'm not good enough.
  31. Up until January, I didn't have a single cavity in my teeth.
  32. I blame the one cavity I now have on having been pregnant.
  33. I hate my mousy hair and dye it Dana Scully Red when I can afford to.
  34. I feel guilty when someone is working and I am not (like right now while John is polishing furniture and I'm blogging).
  35. My favorite comedian is Dennis Miller and I stopped watching Saturday Night Live when he left.
  36. I like to wear black.
  37. I figured out how to read at age 3.
  38. I'm awful at math.
  39. I bruise easily.
  40. I like most kinds of music but am not into rap.
  41. Fact No. 40 aside, I am partial to Baby Got Back because my own backside is large.
  42. I would look ridiculous shaking that backside unlike the dancers on the Baby Got Back music video.
  43. I love to tango.
  44. I love to get very, very dressed up (ballgown, etc.) but have very little occasion to.
  45. The only way I can remember that there are fewer oxygen molecules per square inch of air when it's warmer is to picture an airfilled balloon expanding as it heats over a candle.
  46. I really appreciate my flight instructor sharing Fact No. 45 with me.
  47. I once bit into a creme filled doughnut on the wrong side, squeezing white creme all over my chin in a room full of male pilots.
  48. Due to Fact No. 47, I am now thoroughly convinced that men's first thought about anything is how it relates to sex.
  49. I like to drive very fast with my windows and sunroof open and the radio blasting.
  50. I listen to All Things Considered and Car Talk on NPR when I'm in the car at the right time.
  51. I wanted to be an astronaut when I grew up.
  52. I always figured I'd've changed the world by now.
  53. Reading the Alumnae Quarterly makes me feel like a failure.
  54. Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutsch.
  55. I am trying to learn French on CD.
  56. Fact No. 55 is not working.
  57. I also am trying to learn Quenya.
  58. Fact No. 57 is working better than fact No. 56 but needs more time than I can put into it now.
  59. I have my own business but still have a part time job.
  60. I used to sell Lancome in addition to the jobs in Fact No. 59.
  61. I love the way the word "linoleum" feels in my mouth when I say it.
  62. I find flatulence very funny.
  63. I sing.
  64. I think most people who believe they have awful voices actually can sing but were convinced otherwise by some jerk earlier in their lives.
  65. I can't keep a straight face and say the words "prune juice".
  66. Heck, it appears I can't keep a straight face and type the words "prune juice".
  67. I sing the first verse of Taps to my daughter as I put her in her crib for the night.
And I will wish you all a goodnight the same way.

Day is done.
Gone the sun from the lake, from the hills, from the sky.
All is well.
Safely rest.
God is nigh.

7 comments:

LJ said...

well that was interesting! thanks for sharing 67 bits of you.

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Ack!! "Interesting" indeed, lauraj! I just realized all my internal fact no. references were wrong (because I shifted stuff around after I typed it all out). I think I'll just go hide in my hole under the doormat, now.

Jade said...

15 - sounds like that goes along with your tree thing
17 - me too!
19 - It's hard to bring up Sci Fi to 3D people unless they bring it up first *grin*
47 - Bwahahahaha! (sorry for laughing!)
52 - You have changed the world by bringing Katie into it
67 - Taps has words?

Gina said...

We used to sing TAPS when we put the kampers to bed at " KAMP KIAMESHA" back in NEWTON, NJ! Those were the days....

Gina said...

Numer femte sju är helt detsamma som lika Svenska! Kanske vi kan prata lite skitsnack då i då!?

Gina said...

Last comment...as a HUGE admirer of QE2...( making the regular staff walk along the edges of the rugs versus the center to avoid "wearing them oput" You aoughto get down and kiss your thrust reversers that you share the same day,...lol! Don't forget the vodka and tonic before dinner!

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Alrighty all, I promised you I'd get back here!!

Hi LauraJ! I was impressed that you were able to do 100 things about both you and your son!

Come, come, Willow! Hiding is good! Hiding is peaceful (mostly)! Hiding is safe! And, unlike Saddam Hussein's "spider hole", my imaginary hole under the doormat comes complete with squishy sofas, free Starbucks, a fully loaded bar, and a T1 internet connection!

Is fanfic just a scifi thing? Don't know - it's great fun to write though and some can be very well written indeed. Of course, some is truly, awfully, teenagery, overwrought.

What do I make believe about? Anything to relieve my life of quiet desperation. It's a very Walter Mitty-esque kind of thing.

In re: sex... When I was pregnant, I couldn't get enough sex. Thank God for vibrators and lots and lots of batteries.

Jade raised a good point, I suppose by having my daughter I did change the world. I'd like to leave it a more beautiful and peaceful place for me having been here.

I am very taken with the Elves although, if you read the Silmarillion, they are not so different from us - not entirely the selfless noble creatures made out in the LOTR. Just MHO! I love the consistency of mythos across cultures. Why shouldn't there be Elves? Just because a thing passes from present into history into legend into myth does not mean it did not exist. I'm actually working on a fanfic story relating the Silmarillion mythos to Stargate. Remarkable parallels. No one go stealing my idea now! ;)

Thanks for the reminder about Katie, Jade! And, yep, Taps has words, as JerseyTjej can attest!

Speaking of whom: Numer femte sju är helt detsamma som lika Svenska! Kanske vi kan prata lite skitsnack då i då!? Ok, all I picked out was "Swedish".. And I seem to recall seeing skitsnack on your blog. Do share?? (I did sing a Christmas carol in Swedish once for chorus though, honest! "Jul, jul, strolande jul". It was very pretty.

Gotta appreciate a woman who has more money than God and is still thrifty!

And I have to say the idea of someone with your spunk as a camp counselor - I can just image what you got up to after Taps was sung! To steal Jade's line... bwahahahahaha!!

Ok, Jade, you can stop laughing at me with spooge all over my face now. Really. ;)