Jul 29, 2006

Goodbye, My Friend

I have a friend, an e-friend if you want to be particular, whose blog I read everyday. I have found her to be dealing with many of the same issues I am dealing with and to always be thoughtful and well-written, humorous at times -- a person I would enjoy hanging out with in "real" life.

I went to read her blog today and it has been taken down. I wonder if she made the choice to sacrifice a little of herself, a little more of her freedom, to commit herself more completely to the whole. I wonder if she believes it is the right choice. I wonder if they do. I do not know what decision I would have made in her place. I do know I will very much miss reading her thoughts on her world... a world paralleled by my own. I hope all involved will grow in love and kindness, understanding and acceptance. I hope I will one day again read her words to the world.

This is for her:

~~~~~~~
I tried to read your words today
but they no longer echo.
I tried to hear your spirit today
but it no longer remains.

Your voice no longer carries
down the crowded hall.

The voices in your life
converse more peaceably,
perhaps, when your voice
in the ether
is silenced.

The voice in your heart,
I know,
will bring you truth.

Peace be with you,
and all
who surround
you.
~~~~~~~~


Godspeed, my friend.

6 comments:

Gina said...

I also had that happen with a "friend" . I was a little hurt as I believed we had more of a connection than just blogging thoughts. She later contacted me by email and had resurfaced incognito on another blog but only with selected readers.

Here's hoping she will still connect to you!

LJ said...

she will be missed

Robin said...

Would it be possible that she just changed her web address to her blog? It would be nice if she resurfaced.

graymama said...

This is such a beautiful post! I had the same feelings/thoughts when I tried to read her blog. Have you e-mailed her at all?!

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Unfortunately, I don't have her email addy, Graymama, and I didn't see one on her profile. If you have one, I think one of us should send her an email just letting her know that she will be very much missed and that we support her in whatever decision she made. Just MHO though! (You can reach me through my business: www.3-seconds.com.)

graymama said...

I have sent her an e-mail to both of her accounts. I will contact you personally if I hear anything back. Here's hoping that everything is okay!