Jul 10, 2006

The Postponing Post

I will take up that challenge, Willow, but I'm not sure yet how I want to handle it (i.e., a long list at once, random lists of ten doled out equally randomly, etc.)

So, first, I'm going to post about my Day Off. Yes, I got a Day Off yesterday. No job, no baby. The first in the nearly 10 months Katie's been here. John got up with her in the a.m., I had a totally free day. ::dances on the tables in remembered rejoicing::

I tagged along on a friend's flight lesson and then we flew out to Martha's Vinyard and went to the beach. (I, being the dingbat I am, didn't realize we'd be going to the beach and wound up with no towel, no swimsuit, and no sunscreen. Not to worry! Mommy's Day Off was still a success. I borrowed a towel, played in some great waves in my clothes, got enough sand in enough places to fill a small sandbox, and am definitely crispy around the edges.)

I suppose it should concern me that I was able to go off and leave my baby for an entire day, shouldn't it? It didn't and, you know what?, it still doesn't. (Mommy needs a day off too and I was a much nicer mommy today than I typically am on a Monday.) I did call home 2 or 3 times but that was primarily because John worries when I fly. John and the baby did fine and agreed that I should have a Mommy's Day Off once a month. He has his issues, as do we all, but I thank the heavens that this is not one of them!!

3 comments:

LJ said...

oh how nice a mummy's day off once a month! and you so deserve it. we all do!!

graymama said...

HOORAY! I am so glad that you had a day where you could drop all of your labels, and just be yourself :-)

I agree that this is VERY necessary to be a more balanced person. Buddy is always so happy to see me, when I get off of work on Saturdays, and it makes me a better mama to him throughout the week.

It also helps that Hubby and i have found a fabulous babysitter, so we have date night once a month, too.

Actually, the grandparents will be watching Buddy on Sunday, so we are going to see Johnny Depp on the big screen :-)

Jade said...

:) I felt guilty about not feeling guilty the first time I had a day off like that... don't worry about it! I think we are better moms if we get a little break once in a while!