Jul 15, 2006

There's Not Enough Vodka In The World

John's Really Obnoxious Uncle is staying with us. (Which is why I haven't responded to everyone's comments on the last post; I will, I promise.) This guy talks more than my mother.

I didn't think that was possible.

He just doesn't shut up. If there's nothing being discussed in the car, he will read street signs (out loud) a la Billy Crystal's father-in-law character in Forget Paris. He claps loudly to make my daughter blink. He talks over people. He criticizes constantly.

There is not enough vodka in the world to make this bearable.

7 comments:

Jade said...

He claps at your daughter? What, does he think she's a dog or something? Ugh... hopefully the visit was short!

LJ said...

Hopefully he's gone before we have to stage an intervention of devodkavication.
Hey I made up a new word. I like that word. I'll use it after my next vodka hangover. If I remember it. Hope this made you giggle and forget about uncle what's his name.

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Devodkavication...LOL! LauraJ - yes, you did make me giggle and, for a moment, forget about the Really Obnoxious Uncle! Cool word.

He got here last Wednesday, Jade, and is leaving this Wednesday. Only 1 more day (because he leaves the house at the ungodly hour of 5:30 a.m. - not his fault, his daughter booked his flight). One more day!! One more day!! ::dances round and round:: Yeah, I don't get the clapping either.

One more day!!

graymama said...

Are you going to have enough vodka left for the party after he leaves?! I guess 5:30am might be too early for most people to drink, but I say party down, Girlie!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that sounds horrific. Have you tried clapping in his face to see how he reacts? Or possibly giving him all the vodka, enough so he'll go to sleep?

PeppyPilotGirl said...

HE'S GONE!!

Woohoo!!! Party time... Excellent!!

Fortunately, I didn't have to resort to giving him the vodka. Although I will admit that I kept pushing red wine on him... I'm a bad niece-in-law. And I regret it. Honest! Can't you tell? ;)

LJ said...

ha! I thought the Vodka was for you! lol