Aug 22, 2007

How Do *You* Spell Relief?

Well, it turns out that someone didn't intend to steal $165 from my bank account; it was an honest mistake. Someone with the same name as me asked a bank teller for her account number and they gave her mine instead. Go figure. I am, to be sure, quite relieved. Not only that someone isn't running around with my personal information but that I don't have to change my account number!

In other news, I've started a Habit of Attraction process. The idea is that you get what you focus on. So, I'm focusing on jewelry design success!

And, now, because I liked SmileyMamaT's meme responses so much, I'm going to do the meme even though I wasn't tagged (is that a breach of netiquette?)!

1. Who was your best friend? Maggie and Nora - jointly - we'd been friends since elementary school when we called each other Smelly, Snore, and Maggot.

2. Did you play any sports? You have got to be kidding me. I think coaches would have paid me NOT to try out for the teams!

3. What kind of car did you drive? Well, I didn't have my own car but I did a lot of sibling chauffering in a silver blue 2 door Datsun 310 4 speed. Underpowered, tiny, but loved.

4. It's Friday night. Where were you? Home. I was rather a social pariah and, besides, wasn't Remington Steele on on Fridays?

5. Were you a party animal? See #4.

6. Were you considered a flirt? Nope - that would've required me to talk to boys!

7. Were you in the band, orchestra, or choir? We didn't have an orchestra but, oh yes, french horn in band (first chair, senior year!) and both choir and special (jazz choir).

8. Were you a nerd? Absolutely. I didn't get cool until I was 30.

9. Were you ever suspended or expelled? Oh God, no. My mother would've killed me.

10. Can you sing the fight song? I don't think we had one. I can sing the alma mater though!

11. Who was your favorite teacher? Mr. Biviano - English teacher. Very cool (even if he always did park in the no parking zone) and very understanding of geeky young kids that love to write.

12. What was your school mascot? An eagle.

13. Did you go to the prom? Both junior and senior year, with the same guy (much to his mother's eternal chagrin!). Wore the same dress both years but pulled the shoulders down the second year to make it look new. He wore a white tux with a ruffled shirt - ah, the 80s!

14. If you could go back, would you? No, no, no, and Hell No!

15. What do you remember most about graduation? It being an anticlimax. I guess I expected to feel more triumph or something - just another day in the life...

16. Where were you on Senior Skip Day? In school. See comment above about my mom.

17. Did you have a job your senior year? Yep. I filed repair orders, did basic administrative stuff, and ran the cash register at a car dealership.

18. Where did you go most often for lunch? No choice in our area: cafeteria all the way.

19. Have you gained weight since then? What do YOU think??!

20. What did you do after graduation? Worked all summer. Oh, and tried to take up smoking. It was just nasty.

21. What year did you graduate (HS)? 1985

22. Who was your Senior Prom date? My boyfriend of a year who I figured I was destined to marry but, no, I was only destined to date him for a couple years listening to my sister call him "ape man".

23. Are you going/did you go to your 10 year reunion? They had a picnic. I went. It was ok. I still feel awkward around them all though!

See, now, Graymama, 23 things isn't so hard if it's direct questions! ;-)

6 comments:

graymama said...

I am so glad that the $ issues were caused by an innocent mistake, so now you don't have to worry or be scared of the alternatives. You must feel so relieved!

Maybe I should answer these questions as my penance for tagging you :-P

Gina said...

"Tack Gud" for the mistake...We have received High School Musical 2 in the mail...the kids have back to school clothes and...there is red wine...Life is good! I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS...except there is no Pelikan...(*sobbing uncontrollably*) WHY is life so unfair...?

Brightdreamer said...

So it wasn't a thief, after all? What a rolaids that must be!

Sorry, but I had to do it... ;-)

Gina said...

I have the link to make the ticket...I just have to find it...where have you been=

Jade said...

Ha ha! Smelly. Nice. I was called "Harry Spam" in jr. high (it evolved when someone called me "Herry Jam" by accident one day)

I did the meme too, I hope that's OK. 23 is easier to do when it is direct questions.

Robin said...

I'm glad that bank thing wasn't as horrifying as you first imagined. Now another Kelley Kelly is just weird. LOL