Apr 11, 2006

Conference Crying?

Ok, so I'm sitting here at work. The company is having a company wide conference call at noon. No problem. I'll call in from upstairs even though I'm in the same building as most of the company. That way the baby won't be a bother to everyone. Easy. Just push the "mute" button if she gets fussy. My co-worker gives me the phone number to call and I dial in.

Talk, talk, talk.

Baby's getting fussy.

Oops, baby's getting really fussy. Better mute.

Oh shit, there's no mute button on this phone. WTF, there has to be a mute button. What phone doesn't have a mute button??

::turns phone around carefully::

There's still no mute button.

::hears steps on the stairs::

Great, it's so disturbing they sent my co-worker up because the baby's bothering people and I can't find the mute button.

Hmmm... he can't find the mute button either. Crap. I'll try to cover the mic with my thumb.

Ack, she's still fussing. Shhhhhhh, baby!!!!!

This isn't working!

::hears steps on the stairs::

Great, we must really be disturbing the call.

Oh, thank God, she's got a pamphlet - please tell me that's the phone booklet!!

It is - woohoo!!

*6

Ahhhhh...

3 comments:

Jade said...

And you thought you didn't know how to juggle!

graymama said...

First, I am glad that you have a job that is accommodating. Every job should be!

Second, how stressful!

Third, I am so glad that you had support in helping you find the mute option on your phone, and you were not told to "mute" your daughter.

You are Wonder Woman! :-)

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Whoosh! Whoosh! Whoosh! Splat! (Well, you can't keep all the balls in the air all the time, I guess...) It does feel like juggling though, JA!

I am very lucky, graymama -- I work for a very family friendly company. 4 out of 5 days, I work from home and they actually look forward to me bringing the baby in on Tuesdays. I wish all moms were so lucky!!