Apr 2, 2006

Personal Trainer

Who'd'a thunk it? There are personal trainers out there that will come to your house for little more than you would pay them at the gym. And you don't have to leave your house. And you don't have to buy a gym membership. And you don't have to leave your house. And you can work with the equipment you have. Did I mention you don't have to leave your house?

I am making the first staggering steps to losing the baby weight. It is painfully (if deliciously and lazily) obvious that I need someone to keep me accountable, someone who will make sure I'm doing the exercises that will make most efficient use of the minimal amount of time I have available to exercise. I don't want to live the rest of my life being forced to shop at the fat chicks shops. (Yes, I know I should do it simply for wanting to be healthy but, frankly, that's just not as a big a motivator as not being able to find pants to fit my thighs. Sorry.)

4 comments:

Jade said...

Once you get into a routine it'll become more motivating... you'll feel a loss when you don't exercise. It's important to keep things fresh though... if you start to get bored with an exercise it's easy to stop exercising all together. I just bought a book about strength training for women that's very informative, it has an "at home" routine I can send you if you'd like?

PeppyPilotGirl said...

I hope so -- I know that once I start seeing results it's more motivating. The only thing that makes me exercise right now is that I get to watch Stargate when I do. (Hey, whatever works, right?)

Robin said...

I hate to burst that bubble but my experience is that once you finally lose that weight you end up pregnant again. :o\

Jade said...

That happened to me last time... around a month after I got down to a size six I got pregnant. Murphy's law I suppose