Jan 19, 2007

Sadly, I am a Very Girly Girl

and I realized this this morning as someone asked me what eyeshadow I was wearing. Ok, yes, it was sad that at a 9:30 a.m. children's program I was, indeed, wearing eyeshadow but the truly sad part is that I could say, without prompt:

It's MAC's surreal and shimmermoss.

What's sadder yet is that I could continue (had I chosen to)... I'm also wearing MAC's fluidline eye liner in frostlight, the prolash mascara in charcoal brown, the browset in beguile, studio fix for foundation in C25, raw refined creme lipliner with goddess lipstick over top.

This is (slightly) mitigated by the fact that I don't wear makeup every day. But I do like it. I really like it. Let me loose in the MAC store and I have the best hour I've spent in a month. Send me home with a new eyeshadow or lipstick and life is just grand. (I got one of those handy palettes to put my eyeshadows in the other day - woohoo!)

Someday, I'm going to have one of those little multimirrored dressing tables with good light and lots of makeup storage space but, even now, I get a little thrill just thinking about my makeup drawer all neat and tidy now.

I was brought up to wear little or no makeup. I went to a women's college. I fully believe in fully empowering women to do whatever they so choose. I embrace nontraditional roles myself - I'm a pilot; I'm our nuclear family's fix-it person; for God's sake, I'm the dead-animal-remover at our house. But I surely do like makeup.

Almost as much as I like cute shoes.

4 comments:

smileymamaT said...

Ha! Thank you kindly for the biggest smile I've had all day. I, too, am a girly-girl, but also the throwup-cleaner, recycling-sorter, I haul tires to the shed, I've even spent years in management at a gas station/truckstop, so I've cleaned up deisel fuel spills in the snow at 2 am without blinking an eye....but I love my liquid eyeliner in charcoal black!! And fancy black heels with Betty-Boop rounded toes to go with my skirts! Funny how we can laugh at ourselves now and then.....
:) T

Molly said...

A little eyeshadow and cute shoes can make removing the dead animals a little easier. Well...maybe not.

Jade said...

:) I go back and forth... sometimes I enjoy the make-up thing, but most of the time I can't stand the feeling of it on my face. I have to admit, though, that getting all done up for that wedding in October was a barrel of fun, and having a new sister-in-law who can help me with make-up advice is a treat (since I was also raised wearing little to no make-up, my oldest sister doesn't wear any, and the Idiot perpetually looks like a dime store hooker)

Cazzie!!! said...

Unreal, I love MAC products too, and I am ther same as you, wear very little, but it has to be MAC....or prior to MAC it was MAX FACTOR.
"Less IS more".