Jan 17, 2007

Your Personal Penguin

This is a story of a penguin who desperately wants to attend to a hippo instead of wander around the ice with other penguins. I can't claim credit for this - Sandra Boynton is a children's book genius. So, why am I sharing this then? You need to go listen to the recording that goes along with the book. Davy Jones (yes, of the Monkees) sings Your Personal Penguin.

In other news...

Thanks to an old navy wool curtain and a section of superyard, we finally have a family portrait.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Big thanks to my mom and dad also who pushed the shutter for the family one which meant I didn't have to find the book that came with the camera to look up (again) how to use the timer.

And that, she said, is that for this evening.

7 comments:

smileymamaT said...

Oh, what a very nice family photo! We havn't done ours in....well, like 3 years, oh my I didn't even realize it'd been that long...guess my own bahooty need motating! And the jewelry, just beautiful, wow, you're so talented in so many ways! Nice to see you writing again...
-T

Greta Adams said...

what a gorgeous family....

your little girl is precious

Harriet said...

What a gorgeous picture!

Molly said...

Next to my son. Luke, Boynton is my favorite artist. Strangely enough when Luke was little, he had dinosaur sheets designed by Boynton.

You do have a beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

OMG!?
You are so beautiful!
You said you are a large woman...yeah, RIGHT! I'll trade with you!!! Especially if the cutie patootie is included ( I still need a copy of the pilot costume for my " the best photos I have seen on the net page"

graymama said...

You are so beautiful on the inside and gorgeous on the outside, too!!! :-)

How nice of your mom and dad to help you capture such wonderful shots of your beautiful family :-)

Thanks for sharing them with us!

PeppyPilotGirl said...

Thanks so much for the compliments everyone!! Better be careful or my head will swell to match my hips! ;-)

Gina, honestly, I am quite large - I wear a size 20 pants, my shirts are usual 16/18s, and I weigh in at, um, well let's just say well over 200 pounds. That's not a small person. I'm fortunate, at least, to be relatively proportional and am blessed (a fervent shout out to the Creator here) with good bones.