Jan 31, 2007

Welcome, Stella!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Some Stella facts:
  • Her full name (now) is Estelanim, which comes from the Lord of the Rings. It's Sindarin and means hope for myself (estel = hope, an = for, im = (essentially) myself (although it's more complicated that that somewhat)).
  • She's about 2 years old.
  • She was an abandoned/feral/stray mama cat and was fostered in a volunteer's home for 6 months before being released for adoption.
  • She's been blind in one eye (since birth, they believe); it doesn't seem to bother her in the slightest.
  • She's a little love bug but has a healthy fear of Katie, though she unbent far enough to let Katie pet her a couple of times today. It helps that Katie's shrieking enthusiasm has calmed down and she's not chasing Stella as much. Fortunately, Katie is very good about not grabbing animals and will, indeed, pet gently when reminded.
We still miss Norm frightfully, of course, but Stella is going to fit in really well, I believe.

4 comments:

Robin said...

She's really pretty. Sounds like she is toddler smart too.

Hope Stella likes brushing.

smileymamaT said...

oh my, is she ever gorgeous. Welcome, pretty girl!!
-T

Gina said...

She looks like my Trassle! Trassel is afraid of the baby probably has something to do with the fact that Trass knows the dog has disapeared since BabyGirl showed up and she is trying to be cool just incase we decide to make an example out of her...We remember Norm but there is room to love Fröken Stella ( Miss Stella in Swedish) as well...

LJ said...

I was in Montreal when I saw the new addition to your family. I couldn't be happier. She has a beautiful name too! Much more original than ummm say Kitty. (my cat's name. I wanted something simple for A. He wasn't talking when we got her 2.5 years ago. He doesn't use her name, or mine for that matter either, but they are a pair and on occasion I do see him petting her tail. And she lets him which is surprising. I take his hand now and then to pet her head. I'm rambling!)
congratulations!